Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hodgepodge Thursday

Man, it's been so challenging to stay up on posting the past few weeks!  I know it's been mostly because we were down to just 1 computer up until yesterday.  To keep from being an entertainment hog at night, I intended on  writing in the mornings.  However my creative juices must not get flowing until the PM because I rarely felt inspired enough to actually see a post through.

Here I am now, though.  Michael worked his magical powers and somehow resuscitated my computer charger.  Praise be to the heavens, I'm literally plugged in once more!!

So here's what I've got for you this evening...

Music Monday

Can I begin by asking, who the heck is this Tyga fella??  I remember seeing him perform at Kendall Jenner's Sweet 16, errr, I mean, on TRL last week.  Shit, TRL's been off the air for years.  Ok, ok, I might have caught the over-hyped birthday bash.  Fine, twice!  So sue me.  But back to Tyga.  Is this what the kids are listening to these days??  I will openly admit that I haven't a clue as to what he's rapping about but gosh darn if it doesn't have a great beat behind it.  Question though - when he says, "Rap city, bitch" what or who is he referring to?  I've listened to the song 3 times and I can't put my finger on it - though I do give him props for the "I get it in the morning like Alonzo" drop.  Touche, Tyga.

Onto a chart topper that I am more honestly digging, Gotye.  This Belgian-Australian's voice melts my bones and I'm looking forward to learning about the rest of his music.  For now, "Somebody That I Used to Know" is getting some play time on my daily rotation.

Last but not least, new music from Feist!!  The video below is a lot.  But such is Leslie.  Here is another example of why, if I had to only pick 10 artists/bands, Feist would most definitely make my "Twenties" soundtrack.  Take a few minutes to sample her latest and greatest below.





Wait, What?! Wednesday

Yesterday I read that consistently running 5 miles a day basically gives you a hall pass when it comes to chowing down post work-out.  The article referenced a study in which "the typical adult who logged an average of 5 miles each day was able to maintain their weight with little to no diet restrictions".  Now, I've never really been too strict about counting calories.  I try to eat healthy most of the day but at some point, without fail, I find a way to get my mits on some bad stuff - the "food guilts" are pretty quick to follow.  Reading that if I manage to squeeze those 5 miles into my day, I can feel ok about upgrading my dessert from sliced apples with almond butter (good) to a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard (grand as it gets) - well this perks my interest.

I know this whole "calories in vs. calories out" concept isn't news, but something about reading "5 miles is all it takes" in print really sealed the deal for me.  It seems much more concrete and obtainable than "get a daily work-out in".  I'll let you know how it works out (pun).  So far I'm 3 days, 15 miles and 3 delectable desserts in - and loving every minute of it.  Even the sweaty ones.




Now, in order to be fully caught up -

Mustaching Through The Snow, Part III

Just a few more pix and comments from my holidays back home.  I was going to stagger them throughout future posts but I just couldn't wait to share 'em.  Enjoy!

If only these $5, holiday inspired, Grinch-faced hammer-pants came in Maggie's size... 

 At mom's birthday lunch.  Cheers to the most wonderful woman I've ever known.

Oh, no big deal.  Just me and "Clyde the glide".  One of Ken's finer Craiglist scores. 

We took this picture at Redhawk Winery while out wine tasting one afternoon.  The photo doesn't do it justice - the way this cat was literally warming his feet by the fire was too good to be true.  Now how do I get in contact with those I Can Haz Cheezburger folks??

No comments:

Post a Comment