Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wait, what?! Wednesday

Wait, what?!  I'm not depressed!  So what if it's been 4 days since I've had physical, human contact.  With a spread like this, how could one feel less than stellar?!  Thank God for skype, salami, stinky cheeses and Malbec.

So this week's Wait, What?! Wednesday is a little bit of a stretch.  I don't really have anything of "shock value" to share with you.  I guess I could have referred you to yesterday's post, if you hadn't yet read it.  Boom!  Hawaii in T minus 3.5 months.  That's certainly Wait, What?! worthy, if I do say so myself.

Basically this post will just be another opportunity for me to check in with those wondering what I'm up to this week.  In the last couple of days I've been fortunate enough to skype with both of my parents, Jenni Eicher (a childhood friend who currently lives in Hong Kong and is doing big things), Erica (a girlfriend from last season) Ellen, Jen, Sierra and Carli.  Shoot, that's almost better than I do when I'm actually home!  There is nothing like reconnecting with some of your favorite humans.  It can make the miles between you feel like mere kilometers (hey, that's nearly half the distance - the math is solid, trust me).

Michael's road game is finally on TV tonight.  I guess they've been broadcasting all the Euroleague games but we just don't have the channel.  For those curious about it, I can confirm that watching live box-scores on a shifty, European gambling web-site is less than wonderful.

His team is playing Turow, the team he played for last year.  Quick sidenote, I had to go back and change the sentence from "Our team is playing Turow, the team we played for last year" because it sounds obnoxious and self-righteous when us wives talk like that.  I've been better at catching myself lately.

Meanwhile, I'm snacking on some tasty appe-teasers and enjoying this rich glass of red.  Perhaps more to come at half-time???

Go Prokom!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment