Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You make me hot

I really wish I could upload a picture from 2000 right about now.  "You make me hot" is what Michael spray-painted on a hot water heater (that he found lord knows where) and lovingly placed in my parent's front yard.  I believe my mom woke me up that particular morning in mid-April, with a "Rise and shine.  Michael has a question for you.  Also, that thing needs to be out of the front yard before lunch."

The sweet/embarrassing gesture was enough to secure a prom date in yours truly.  It would be the first of many times that Michael would find a way to surprise me in the absolute least cliche possible.

Take today for example.  The guys are on the road and once again, I find myself in complete solitude on global love-bird day.  Of course, I found a way to make the most of it (baked brownies for the doorman, jogged along the boardwalk, talked with my sister over her morning coffee) but I found myself circa 6pm feeling a little bit depressed.  Michael had been traveling all day and finally called from his hotel room, abundant with crispy towels but lacking in the ever-necessary internet access.

"I hate to do this, but will you just go into my email and open up the drafts folder," he said.

"Ohhhhhhh kaay," was my response (slightly miffed but willing to humor him).

Expecting to find a cheesy E-card that he was unable to send off himself, I was shocked to find 2 round-trip tickets to Hawaii for the first week in June!!

I would love to lie to you and say that he then declared, "Let's bask in the sunshine.  You still make me hot after all these years," but to be honest, I'm pretty sure he just said, "Happy Valentines Day babe.  Is it June yet??"

It was enough to make my heart skip a beat.  The countdown to paradise is on!!

Happy Valentines Day to all my dearest friends back in the US of A.

No comments:

Post a Comment