Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Always Sunny in Polandia

Well, actually, that is not usually the case.  But today it sure was!  I spent the clear and crisp afternoon wandering around our city's centrum (center) in hopes of finding potential employment (English language schools) as well as locating a Post Office (does that really need to be capitalized?  it just felt right) so that I could send Mike's old teammate George some quinoa that we found in a local shop.  George is a vegetarian, see, and he has a tough time tracking down the stuff in his Polish town.  Shout out to Koszalin!!  And the Reese fam, of course.

First, I guess I should post a pic of Gdynia's bright blue sky and waters...pretty great, huh?







Secondly, well, I never found the Post Office...and the two English schools I visited did not need my services (was it my moon dance entrance that came off as trying too hard?) so after a bit more exploring, I ended up back in our apartment...where I decided to make myself a dirty martini and catch up on some shows.

This brings me to the topic at hand.  No, I'm not really trying to highlight the uncharacteristically lovely weather Poland handed us today.  Let's talk about the REAL sunny...It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.






This, my friends, is the best thing TV has gifted us since back in the day of TGIF.  I love the script.  I lurrrrv the cast.  I've referenced it in business meetings, SE Portland bathrooms, heck, I'm pretty sure I quoted from it in my wedding vows.  But I have to come out with something...and it sincerely pains me to say it...this new season just isn't quite doing it for me.  Now DON'T GET ME WRONG!  I still like it.  A lot.  But something is a tad bit off.  My sister, Carli, was the first to point it out (after episode 1, I might add) and as good as some of the episodes have been (see Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties and Chardee MacDennis) something isn't quite right.  I don't know if it's that they are paying too much attention to the whole "Mac is fat thing" or that Charlie just hasn't been given the lead role in enough episodes?  Whatever the case might be, it is still one of the best shows on television.  But my fellow Philly fans out there know that the best, surely, is yet to come.

So this post really had nothing to do with Poland.  More geographically relevant posts to come over the next couple of days!

Till then, enjoy one of my favorite intros from season 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment