Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How many baths is too many baths??

I have a new addiction.  Baths.  It's funny, because a month ago Michael would have pinned me as a person who doesn't bathe frequently enough.  Ladies, I know you feel me on this - some days I just can't be bothered to go through the whole process - I mean, hair drying included, you're looking at a minimum of 30 minutes.  Who has that kind of time?  Oh wait, I do.

Previous hygiene issues aside, I have fallen into the habit of running a scolding hot bath each night around 7 pm.  Michael is typically away at his evening practice, so the Slingbox is all mine.  I cue up an episode of something Bravo-ey or tune into one of Adam Carolla's latest podcasts and spend a solid hour soaking in our decent sized tub.

Where can I find Aziz's jacuzzi truck?

Perhaps the reason I haven't enjoyed baths as much in the past is because I simply haven't had the time.  Maybe it's because I haven't had regular access to a bathtub that when filled to capacity, covers more than my ankles and butt-cheeks.  I remember trying to enjoy baths in college, but if there was ever a time when spare minutes in the day were few and fare between, it was then.  If taking a bath was at the bottom of my list of things to accomplish, cleaning the bathroom was just beneath it.  Something about staring at a space-like shower curtain decorated with mildew constellations, doesn't scream relaxation.

Eeeeewwwww!  But looks familiar, don't it?

My question now is can I potentially overdo it in the bathtub?  I know you are only supposed to give babies baths every other day (or did I make that up?).  How many baths per week are too many baths per week?  Will I ever stand and bathe again?  Will I eventually buy out Tesco of all their dirt cheap bath salts and have to resort to making shampoo bubbles?  As Michael puts it, baths are merely prolonged showers in your own filth.  Will I ever get truly clean again?  Is my obsession becoming borderline Stefanie Tanner-ish and will I eventually propose to sleep in the tub?

Remember this awesome episode?

Jokes aside, I'm loving my new evening ritual.  The glass of red that sits on the ledge of the tub isn't half bad either.

Where you'll find me, circa 7 hours from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment