Saturday, December 3, 2011

Weekend Update, with Chelsie Kuebler

Having said that, how long did it take for most of you married ladies to get used to your new last name?  I am going on 2 years, 5 months and it still feels suuuuuper weird.

So let's catch up real quick - lots to touch base about!

Firstly, Ken Pfau continues to influence the masses back home...

High School Chelsie would have been embarrassed by this...late twenties Chelsie thinks it's kind of cool...though I don't agree with the man when it comes to most political issues, I'm somehow proud that he has the balls to consistently takes a stand...gross, I just referenced my dad's balls.

Second update, I had a delicious and dare I say, fancy glass of red wine pre-game last Thursday.  With an hour and a half to kill in between dropping Michael off and tip-off, I drove around and ran into a fantastic little Italian joint.  





There was a Christmas tree, an abundant wine list and a lovely ambiance, complete with Frank Sinatra's jazzy pipes in the background.  What more could a girl ask for? 

And how rad is this?  They bring you your bill in a treasure chest?




Oh, and if that wasn't enough, in terms of pageantry and finishing touches...look what I found in the bathroom!





Disposable tooth-brushes to help you with the ever popular, red wine teeth stain.  At only 2 zloty (about 40 cents) I considered this to be the icing on the cake.  Not to mention, my wine buzz carried me through the second quarter, with the folks sitting next to me, none the wiser.

Thirdly (but should probably be bumped to the top of my list) it is YET AGAIN another FINE DAY to be A DUCK!  Pack 12 Champions and Rose Bowl bound.  It's good...it's good...

Let's see, what else?  There was a gorgeous sunset the other night...





We finished decorating our apartment for Christmas.  I kind of hate to admit it, but this year we are totally plastic tree people.  I wouldn't DARE use the word "fake" because it is 100% real in terms of hosting Christmas cheer.  But it indeed smells more like packaging peanuts than a Douglas Fir.



Oooh, also, I made stockings.  I was two seconds away from purchasing a couple lame, generic stockings when my pinterest inspired brain reminded me that I could create a pair on my own.  Did it.  Boom.  You're welcome, Michael.  I know how much having a homemade stocking meant to you.

That's really all I've got.  Mike is in the Czech for a couple of days.  I've got some solid runs planned as well as a couple DIY Christmas crafts to hand out to the neighbors.  Wow, slow down Martha!

One last thing worth mentioning, while brain storming with Frank and Merlot the other night (Sinatra and my glass of red at the restaurant) I decided I would include a couple reoccurring posts each week...

Music Mondays and Wait, What?! Wednesdays.  You'll get to read about what I'm listening to each week as well as what is confusing/shocking me, nearly to death.  Should be fun...for me at least.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment